Organic Peruvian Maca Powder

Organic Peruvian Maca Powder

Regular price
Sale price
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
Tax included.

Native to the Peruvian central Andes, Maca (Lepidium meyenii) has been used from pre Incan times for both nutritional and medicinal purposes. Maca is a tuberous root vegetable which after harvest is naturally processed (gently dried and milled at low temperatures) into a flour like powder. Our organic maca powder is produced from an unsorted harvest of organic maca root, approximately 70% yellow and the remaining 30% from red, black and purple maca. Maca is packed with essential nutrients, minerals and vitamins.

There are over 20 different fatty acids, 19 amino acids and many minerals: calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, selenium and others found in traces. There are also vitamins C, vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6 and carotenes found in maca.

Suggested uses:

We love it in hot drinks and smoothies and also use it as a nutritious gluten free flour in our baking. You can find some of our favourite recipes in our recipe section.


100% Organic Maca Powder

May contain traces of milk, nuts, peanuts and soya

Benefits of Maca Powder?

  • Boosts energy
  • Balances hormones
  • Improves brain function and memory
  • Reduces risks of cancer
  • Increases libido and male fertility!

Typical values per 100g: 

Energy 1388kJ/318kCal

Total Fat(g) 1.4 of which saturates(g) 0.2, Carbohydrates(g) 55.0 of which sugars(g) 35.0, Fibre(g) 18.3, Protein(g) 7.6, Salt(g) 0.09