Organic arrowroot powder is suitable for vegans and vegetarians and is a completely natural, plant based starch that is a fantastic thickening agent for soups, stews and custard. Simply use in place of cornflour in a variety of sweet and savoury recipes.
How can I use arrowroot powder?
- Try adding to soups and stews to thicken sauces
- Popularly used in gluten free baking
- Add to cakes for a lighter, fluffier bake
- Use in homemade ice cream recipes for the perfect finish
Top tips for using organic arrowroot powder:
- Avoid adding arrowroot powder directly to water as it will clump instantly. Instead make a slurry (a paste) before introducing to recipes. To make a slurry simply mix equal parts with water and stir into a paste, then it’s ready to add to recipes.
- Arrowroot powder forms clear fruit jelly, which is great at preventing crystals from forming in homemade ice cream.